Monday 8 June 2009

Start with a bang, start with an omegle. [Luke]

Well, one of us had to start actually posting eventually, so I thought I might aswell, this will be the first in my semi-regular string of posts about the place we all love and admire so much, the internet.
Im going to bring you some of the more interesting things ive found on the internet recently, I hope to make this a weekly thing, however due to examyness I may not be able to.


When the internet first came about it was a completely innocent environment, the domain of the extremely tech savvy and geekier of those among society, a new and interesting place where encounters with friendly strangers were a given, nowadays however it's a scary and lawless place, dominated by the fear of the unknown.
If you are like me then you might want to rekindle some of your love for talking to complete strangers in a completely anonymous fashion and this is where my favourite find of the last week comes in http://omegle.com/ .
Omegle is a service which puts you into a conversation with some random person also using the service anywhere in the world, its completely anonymous and doesn't require subscription of any kind.

Now omegles creators describe it as a brand-new service for meeting new friends. but lets be honest, this is really just a place to go and have some fun, usually at the expense of complete strangers, its definately worth giving it a go just for the thrill of knowing that someone, somewhere, who may or may not be trying to steal your life via the internet (hey, remember when I said it was a scary place :P) has just become either severely confused and annoyed because of you. Or if you don't fancy winding strangers up there is, as omegle claims, always the chance of meeting new friends :).

I challenge any of you guys to go on omegle and try and spark the most amusing response you can in a stranger, take a screen shot of it and send it to me, lets see who can be the most annoying ;).

Seen as this was my first post, I hope you can understand there only being one feature, I promise more on content next time.

2 comments:

  1. haha, i've been using this for a little while. There's mostly people looking for cyber sex or they're koreans/chinese. Apart from weirding people out I had a good conversation with a Brazillian guy in a band. He was asking my opinion on the music scene in england, and then gave me a link to his myspace band page. Thats how random Omegle can be. It can also be suprisingly addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, tell me about it, I very rarely get to have a decent chat, but its definately worth it when you manage to wade through the throngs of pervs and find someone worth talking to.

    ReplyDelete